It’s not clear to teachers and administrators how
place-based education addresses educational standards.
Address grade level expectations / standards
- Research GLE and highlight them
- Integrate into regular curriculum (sustainability)
- Understand that you can’t teach to all standards, so pick and choose. Less teaching is more.
Create assessment and evaluation tools that can measure PBE’s effectiveness and outcomes
- Create rubrics and task lists that are appropriate for the activity.
- Be consistent with assessments.
Create alignment with school mission and vision
- Get on a committee that is dealing with that issue.
- Work on buy-in from community leaders.
- Identify champions in different disciplines.
- If the mission is unclear, define your own and proceed.