An Evaluation of the Williston PLACE Program, 2007-08
This evaluation sought to understand several questions, including:
- In what ways has Williston community members' enthusiasm about their community changed since Williston PLACE began?
- In what ways has Williston community members' level of engagement in their community changed since Williston PLACE began?
- In what ways has Williston community members' intentionality about creating change in their community changed since Williston PLACE began?
- How do participants perceive the various aspects of PLACE (presentation series, educator involvement, Vision to Action forum, Steering Committee participation)? Do these multiple components complement, enhance, inhibit, or create synergy among each other? Are different outcomes associated with different types of participation? (Note: The extent to which we can answer to this last question is dependent upon the ways in which we can break down the survey data by groups, which may be dependent upon response patterns.)
- What factors would continue to motivate community members' enthusiasm for and participation in their community?
Download evaluation below.
- place-based education, environment as integrating context (EIC)
- agricultural/ food education
- on site day programs (nature center, farm, etc.)
- community education
- environmental knowledge, attitude and awareness
- stewardship behavior
- community change